Tuesday 13 November 2012

Reflection Data Logging

Data logger? This is very new thing to me since I ever heard about it but I never make used of it or know what is exactly its function. Fortunately, in this subject, I was asked to conduct an experiment by using this data logger, thus I may able to know what is the data logger all about. When the instructor demonstrate and introduced how to used and its function, I am so curious and excited to try something new. 

Technically speaking, a data logger is any device that can be used to store data. This includes many data acquisition devices such as plug-in boards or serial communication systems which use a computer as a real time data recording system. However, most instrument manufacturers consider a data logger a stand alone device that can read various types of electrical signals and store the data in internal memory for later download to a computer.

When my group and I conduct the experiment using the data logger, I noticed that there are many benefits when using this data logger. First, the data that are record are more accurate and secondly the data that are record is automatically saved, so that when doing the experiment, I am not worried about the data since it is all automatically saved. From the saved data, we can directly plot the graph, thus this make the work became much more easier.

Besides, another advantage of data loggers is that they can operate independently of a computer, unlike many other types of data acquisition devices. Data loggers are available in various shapes and sizes. The range includes simple economical single channel fixed function loggers to more powerful programmable devices capable of handling hundreds of inputs. 


As the closure, in my point of view I think this data logger gives a lot of beneficial especially when conducting some experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment